LOS ANGELES SHOW @ El Rey - song help!! 09/28/09

prmallon 10/2/09

i think i have the setlist down pretty good, but there were two songs I didn't recognize. I think the lyrics of one of the songs had the lyrics, "Crystal clear time of year." And in the other song I think they sang something akin to "Look smart baby." Does anyone recognize these songs?? If anyone could identify these, or post a comprehensive setlist I would appreciate it very much!!

Trapper Team
Matt 10/2/09

The first one is Country Rain off their sophomore album, Field Rexx, and
the second is Booksmart Baby, off the Record Store Day 7". Both great tracks!

Eugenia 10/2/09

So... is this part of Eric's evil plan to finally get us all buy a turntable? ;-)

I can already see it:
Me: Baby, we need a turntable.
My husband: What? No, we don't. We have a 250-CD changer, a Zune, and 5 iPods.
Me: But, but... it's the only way getting hold of two more Blitzen Trapper songs.
My husband: I don't care.
Me: I do.
My husband: I don't.
Me: I do.
My husband: I don't, and that's that.

I wish there was a digital way to buy the "War is Placebo" & "Booksmart Baby" songs off of that 7". I mean, collector's item or not, I kind of feel left out here. ;-)

GrangerLang 10/2/09

They did Booksmart Baby live?! D:
SeattleSeattleSeattleSeattle

Nate 10/3/09

I bought both 7's they were selling at the show in Eugene, Oregon. I paid $5 bucks a piece. One has 3 tracks, I think, and the other has 4 or so. I'm a Vinyl guy, so I didn't think twice about plunking down a 10 spot. That's what, 7-8 songs, and the it's on vinyl, for $10 ?

You'd be suprised at the amount of people who are making mp3 files or whatever off their trusty old LP's, and then downloading them onto Ipod's or whatever.

I have to have the hard copy, the artwork, the lyrics, band and additional player info, the recording info. Definitely NOT a i-Tunes/mp3 or a cd burner...

Besides, there is NOTHING better than going into the record store and finding that one Built to Spill record, or whatever you been looking forever for. I feel like a kid on X-Mas morning when I go record shopping!

prmallon 10/3/09

thanks matt i really appreciate it! the show was amazing. i cannot wait til they come back to LA!

ALady 11/24/09

When did they start putting "Booksmart Baby" into the sets?? Damn, damn, damn. Love that tune, and haven't heard it live yet :(

GrangerLang 11/24/09

I know, I feel the same way!
I know it's not the same as being there BUT there's a great recording of them in Urbana back in October, and it has Booksmart Baby:
http://www.archive.org/details/bt2009-10-16.cad.e70.mtx

spikewilbury 11/25/09

The Record Store Day 7" comes with a free download of the songs. Pretty much all of Sub Pop's new vinyl releases come with free downloads.

ALady 12/1/09

Granger, you taunt me...I had a ticket for that show, but couldn't make it :( Ah well, I hope to catch it the next time around!

(The boot sounds fantastic, though! So glad they got that song into the rotation)

GrangerLang 12/1/09

Seeing how often it seems to be popping up in setlists lately gives me hope for us finally getting to hear it live one of these days!!

New Post?

Sign In Create Account